Winter is definitely upon us. With below freezing temperatures and a painful sub-zero wind chill, keeping warm can be difficult, even in your own home. I'm here to share a few tips to keep your home warm without sacrificing style.
1. Area rugs. Depending on the type of flooring in your home, as much as ten percent of heat is lost if they aren't insulated. Area rugs provide a layer of insulation and add style to your space. > Learn more about selecting the right area rug for your room.
2. Change your bedding. Flannel provides much more warmth than other materials. Down comforters covered with a stunning duvet can keep you warm at night, and serve as the perfect opportunity to update your bedroom.
3. The right throw. Not all throw blankets are created equal. Choose natural wool and cashmere for maximum warmth without having to keep a bulky blanket lying around.
4. Thermal custom draperies and shades. Windows are often the largest source of heat loss. Thermal customdraperies are designed to insulate the home. They also double as a great sound barrier on busy streets.
5. Rearrange furniture. Moving seating arrangements away from large windows is a simple way to avoid the cold. Avoid covering radiators and vents with sofas, as they will absorb that precious heat.
6. Space heater. This goes without explanation. But it's important to mention that your space doesn't have to be cluttered with an ugly space heater. There are a number of discrete, attractive options available.
The intense cold may be dreadful, but it can serve as the perfect opportunity to spruce up your living spaces with stylish insulated curtains, eye-catching rugs and other functional décor. Contact Curtain Call Creations to schedule a free in-home appointment to discuss your needs, ideas and budget!