Who amongst us doesn’t smile a little when you see a display of snow globes? Perhaps you’re like me and you can’t resist going up and shaking a few of them to see the glittery snow swirling around the winter scene. Snow globes manage to bring a holiday smile to faces young and old, but not all of us are lucky enough to have snow globes to display for the season. So…why not make your own faux snow globe display? It’s true—this version isn’t shakable—but it sure is easy on the eyes, nonetheless. And it’s so easy and inexpensive to make! It could be completed in one afternoon (and I hate to say it, but I foresee a few snow days in our future). Furthermore, it is such a whimsical and charming display, we predict you’ll choose to leave it up until the spring showers melt away the winter snow. Read on to see how to make your own!
1. Find some clear glass jars with lids in various sizes and make sure they are clean and dry
2. Fill the bottom of the jars with a few inches of artificial snow
3. Place your largest item in first, somewhat in the front of the jar space
4. Add a few artificial trees of differing sizes around the back area
5. Put the lid on the jar and voila! A beautiful homemade snow globe display for you to enjoy.
6. I like to create a little bit of a scene around the jars with some wood slices, white feathers, and little woodland creatures. Some white holiday lights placed around the jars could look wonderful, too!
Don’t forget to post pictures of your completed jars to our facebook page—we’d love to see what you come up with!