I try to eat clean…so why wouldn’t I want to “clean” clean? Oh, I’ve watched a ton of video’s touting the best products to clean my stainless steel appliances, and you know what I found; that vinegar still works the best.
I can remember my mother using vinegar and water to clean our windows, when I was growing up. She’d spray the windows, and then wipe them down using last weeks’ Sunday paper to make them shine. Times may have changed as technology has forged ahead, but sometimes, the simple ways are still the most effective in getting the job done.
- Never use ANYTHING abrasive to clean them!
- Always use a soft cloth for cleaning (microfiber is a great choice).
- Always clean and buff with the grain; if you don’t, you can ruin the finish!
- Never allow food or debris to sit too long on the surface; it can ruin the finish!
- Water by itself, is a great cleaner…you’d be surprised how well it works.
- White Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- A Spray Bottle
- A Marker
Mix 1 part vinegar to 1 part water in a spray bottle and label it “SS Cleaning Solution”. *You can keep it right in the refrigerator for quick clean-ups*
Our designers at Curtain Call Creations are available for in-home consultations. While we don’t like seeing fingerprints on appliances…we love to see “prints” on a window!